Fertility Treatment in South Florida
Conceive with us through acupuncture fertility treatments!
Whether you have just started to plan the family of your future, or you have been trying to conceive for some time, we can help!
Traditional Chinese Medicine can help support and nurture your body to promote and increase fertility and a healthy pregnancy using the wisdom of the oldest Medicine in the world: acupuncture, herbal medicine, dietary recommendations, homeopathy, supplements and vitamins.
At Natural Healing Wellness Center, we customize fertility treatments!
There are many stages of fertility treatments for every step of a woman’s journey toward motherhood. Whether women are trying to conceive naturally, or through IUI or IVF, we consider the unique constitution of each patient to develop treatment plans that foster success.
Conceive naturally with the help of Traditional Chinese Medicine!
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has enhanced fertility for thousands of years. Because acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine can strongly influence the reproductive and endocrine systems, it can help address a wide variety of women’s health concerns that may hinder fertility.
Infertility is defined as the biological inability of a man or a woman to contribute to conception, but very few women are truly infertile. Most women who have been given a diagnosis of “infertility” are merely out of balance according to Chinese Medicine.
Balance your body and prepare it to conceive with acupuncture and Chinese herbs!
Some of these imbalances are caused by an unhealthy lifestyle, constitutional tendencies, diet, and stress, and all can result in decreased fertility.
Acupuncture sessions, customized herbal formulations, and diet therapy are the key to improve fertility by promoting healthier and more responsive uterus and ovaries. By incorporating all aspects of Chinese Medicine, our practitioners help women strengthen and rebalance their body to promote and maintain a healthy pregnancy.
How Acupuncture Can Support Fertility
Acupuncture is able to increase the chances of pregnancy through natural conception clinically shown to:
- Regulate and stabilize hormone levels
- Help produce more follicles
- Increase blood flow to the uterus and ovaries
- Thicken the endometrial lining
- Reduce the chance of miscarriage
- Strengthen the immune system and promote overall health of the body
- Reduce stress
- Improve the absorption of nutrients and maintain ideal weight
- Facilitate relaxation, decrease stress and anxiety
- Improve the quality of sleep
- Have NO side effects – does not introduce toxicity to you and your baby
We can significantly increase your chances of conception if your infertility is due to:
- Elevated FSH
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Luteal phase defect (LPD)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Premature ovarian failure (POF)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Poor egg quality
- Advanced maternal age
- Thin uterine lining
- Secondary Infertility
Increasing Pregnancy Rates With IVF or IUI Treatment
How can acupuncture have such a profound effect on the most technologically advanced fertility treatment available?
Insemination and IVF success rates can be optimized in the following ways:
- Increasing the blood flow to the ovaries to nourish the developing follicles and create better egg quality and stronger embryos.
- Increasing blood flow to the testicles for improved sperm quality to optimize the male’s contribution to embryo quality. (Note: this is particularly important in couples who experience repeated chemical pregnancies with IVF + ICSI.)
- Regulating the body’s natural hormonal production, which in turn improves ovarian function, egg quality, and proper progesterone levels.
- Relaxing the body and reducing stress levels to improve reproductive function.
The field of fertility acupuncture exploded after the 2002 publication of a landmark study published in Fertility and Sterility by Paulus et al. The objective of the study was to evaluate the effect of acupuncture on the pregnancy rate in women undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF) by comparing a group of women receiving acupuncture treatment shortly before and after embryo transfer with a control group receiving no acupuncture. The results of the study showed pregnancies in 34 of 80 patients (42.5 percent) in the acupuncture group, whereas the pregnancy rate was only 26.3 percent (21 out of 80 patients) in the control group.
Moreover, in another published study, researchers found that when combining IUI with acupuncture treatments, 65.5 percent of the test group were able to conceive, compared with 39.4 percent of the control group, who received no acupuncture therapy.